Monday 3 August 2009

Android Live On The Eee PC 900

Ever since my girlfriend got her G1 phone I've fiddled with it at every opportunity.
Working my way through it as much as I can without 'rooting' it, scouring the net for little tips and tricks, finding out which are the best apps available and generally having a good time.

So I was over the moon to learn that Android was available as a live distro. It can be run in a VM too, but I don't want to make my current install any bigger.
I popped off to the Live Android project page, downloaded the necessary bits and used Unetbootin to put it onto a USB drive.

Now I really wasn't expecting much and unfortunately that's exactly what I got. It froze at the (pretty) splash screen and went no further.

Looks like I'll just have to wait a little longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment